Monday, October 29, 2007

Shop! Eat! Feel Self-Righteous!

Dear People Who Are Not From Rhode Island,

Sorry. This one's not so interesting.

Love,
Anna

Dear Rhode Islanders,

I know we just had a frost last night and it seems like everything'll soon be dead and stay that way for ever. Well, it's only partly true. There's a way to preserve at least the illusion that life goes on, even into February and March. I just found out that Farm Fresh Rhode Island is running a winter farmers' market. Just what the lazy eco-geek in me has been pining for! An easy year-round way to eat more locally, with no canning, no weeding, no starting seeds, no wrapping each potato in newspaper! So we can buy eggs, meat, produce (greenhoused or coldframed or stored), and the obligatory locally produced arts and craps, I mean crafts (hey, I'm allowed).

Here's the lowdown:

Saturdays 12-3 pm
December-May
AS220
115 Empire St
Providence

Love,
Anna

PS I'm usually more circumspect about my anonymity, but I figure the chance to browbeat my local readership into some sustainable eating makes outing myself as a citizen of Rhode Island worth it. Just don't expect any embarrassing videos. There's only so much I'm willing to do for the environment.

No comments: