Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Happy Halloween

Cleo went as a lamb. I was mutton dressed as lamb. Okay, a mama sheep. Very close.

This afternoon, as I was singing her to sleep for her nap, we had this exchange:

Cleo: "Next Howlaween, I want to dress up as Dark Vader, okay?"
Me: "Um, sure, sweetie. That's fine" (pause) "Do you know someone who dressed up as Darth Vader this year?"
Cleo, breathily, impressed: "Ian!"

So, there you go. Innocent lamb one minute, wooed by the dark side (boys!) the next. Babyhood is quite definitely over.


muslimhippie said...

There's an award for you on my blog. It's something I usually don't do, but figured why not let people I find inspiring know about it. You're one of them Anna:)

Carroll Hodge said...

So glad you are back blogging! I've missed your terrific vocabulary and very specific Anna-humor. I'm going to find Cleo's storybook, think of her (and you) when I decide to take a nap in the middle of the day, and write up what it is that fills my days. love, Ca-role the Canuck