Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Further Adventures of Fiber and Fish Fat: Part Two

And lunch yesterday was also fine, fine, superfine. If I'd known how tasty it was going to be, I would have measured things for you. I have so many lists floating around my computer of precisely measured ingredients that ended up as various mediocre dishes not worth writing home about, it's kind of nice to have it go the other way for once. But I'm sure you can figure it out, and if I make it again soon, I'll come back and edit in some specifics.

canned red salmon, drained and broken up
leftover steamed asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces
mixed greens
grape tomatoes, cut in half

honey
mustard
rice vinegar
salt
pepper
olive oil

whole wheat tortillas

Make a dressing with that second group of ingredients, and toss it with that first group. Warm the tortillas, make wraps and eat them. Or, if you have an anti-wrap bias, call it a "salad burrito" and eat that. If you have a truly deep and abiding anti- wrap-like-constructions-of-any-kind bias, eat the salad and the warm tortilla separately, and try not to think about the vegetable/flatbread assemblage that's being constructed by your traitorous stomach as you eat.

No comments: